Hi everyone! Happy Thursday 🙂 I don’t know why but I kept thinking it was Friday today. The weather was better than yesterday since it wasn’t windy but there are some gray clouds. Oh another thing I wanted to mention was the earthquake! It happened yesterday night around 11:45pm and it shook me up awake…I checked the news site and the earthquake occurred at Barstow at a magnitude of 3.3.
Well enough about the earthquake so I wanted to share the Horseradish Potato Salad which is perfect for the spring time whether it for a picnic, a weekend side dish, and makes it a perfect side dish for anything really.
This may also be a good recipe for Mother’s Day as well!
1/2 lb potatoes
1 quart (4 cups) chicken stock or vegetable stock
1 bunch scallion, finely chopped
3 ribs of celery chopped
3 tbs white wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
2 tbs horseradish
1/4 cup olive oil
Generous amount of dill
Salt & black pepper to taste
1. Cover potatoes in chicken stock, and enough water to cover.
2. Boil and cook potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
3. Drain potatoes and set aside in a big bowl.
6. In a mixing bowl, combine scallions, celery, vinegar, sugar, horseradish, olive oil, dill, salt and pepper and fix well.
7. Pour sauce over cooked potatoes and lightly toss to combine completely.
8. Serve immediately or can be refrigerated.