Homemade Valentine’s Day Dinner prepared by us ^_^!
For Valentine’s day, my bf and I decided to cook a homemade Valentine’s Day dinner. We quickly looked up a pasta recipe the day before and we chose the Garlicy Penne Pasta. Cooking together made it quick and fun. With our dinner, we toasted some store bought garlic bread which was a perfect addition to the pasta. We also had some dessert wine with our dinner which made it that much more romantic and felt like we were having a night out town to a fancy restaurant.
Garlic Penne Pasta
1 package pene (cooked as directed)
2 tbs butter
2 Garlic cloves
2 tbs flour
3/4 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup milk
2 tsp parsley flakes
Salt & pepper to taste
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Melt butter and add garlic in sauce pan.
2. Cook over medium heat for about a minute.
3. Add flour and cook additional 1 minute and stir continuously.
4. Stir in broth and milk and cook, stirring frequently until sauce boils and thickens.
5. Add parsley, pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Stir until cheese is melted
7. Toss hot pasta with sauce and serve immediately.
What do you usually do for Valentines Day? Do you cook something special for your loved one, yourself, or go out to eat with your SO or friends?