This recipe is simple, healthy, and a budget friendly breakfast idea. I saw my fridge and saw that I had a lot of eggs, spinach and tomatoes then figured that proteins and veggies always go well together. I didn’t have mushrooms but you can always add that into the egg mixture or even bell peppers. Egg recipes are endless on what you can toss in there. Plus this is a simple to do recipe and is perfect to make ahead of time when you know you won’t have the time the next morning. Don’t forget that breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
Cheesy Spinach Frittata
Makes 4 servings
2 cups spinach
1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
1 tbs Italian seasoning
Pinch of salt and pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Mexican cheese
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Steam spinach with 1/4 cup of water until soft and drain then set aside.
3. Mix eggs into bowl and whisk then add tomatoes, Italian seasoning, pinch of salt and pepper, and Parmesan cheese and mix.
4. In a 3 quart baking dish, spray olive oil then cover bottom with steamed spinach, then pour egg mixture over the spinach.
5. Top it with the Mexican cheese and place in oven for about 20 minutes.
6. Cut into squares and serve. This can be saved and eaten for next day’s breakfast. Just heat it in a microwave, oven or enjoy right out of the fridge.